Monday, December 31, 2012

Funny different things look now

4 Years ago today.......... Nathan proposed to me.
I had to work a half a day and then we had plans to go out that night.  When he got to my house I could tell he was a little annoyed that I wasn't ready to go so I hurried and got dressed and then we left.  I asked where we were going and he said that we were going downtown Charleston.  I said ok great and just kept talking.  We got down there and parked and he said lets go to the swings, I hesitated but finally agreed since it was cold out, but I love being down there on the water so I was willing to go.  We started swinging and talking and then he started telling me how much I meant to him and at that point I realized what was happening, he got out of the swing and down on one knee and asked me to marry him.  It was such a magical moment.  We had been together for so long and I knew he was going to propose soon but it was still a very exciting night that I will never forget.

Fast forward 4 years and we are married, have a house, a dog, and sweet little Payton.  Tonight we will probably go to bed before the ball even drops as Payton wakes up between 7:30 and 8.  I love our life and wouldn't trade it for the world and its so awesome to see how much has changed in the past 4 years.  

Nathan, I love you so very much and you are such a fantastic husband and father.  I could have never imagined 4 years ago we would be here today.  We have had our ups and downs but we ALWAYS find a way to get through it.

These are the swings

Moments after he proposed

 My ring!!!

Thanks, 
Payton's Mom & Nathan's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment